(I read much less elegantly/yellow-ly)

Monday, June 17, 2013

Book Blogger Hop



Greetings, book buddies! Welcome to my little corner of the Internet. I am quite new at this as you can see, and I'm very excited to have this opportunity to meet some bloggers! Annnnd the blog hop question is:


What is your favorite genre? (genre that you read the most) - Recommend a book!
I like to think that I am a fairly adventurous and open-minded reader - each genre has unique qualities that make it appealing, and of course there are good books in every genre. That being said, classic literature is my favorite right now,  particularly the Victorians. Out of the genre (Sub-genre? That's a thing, right?) of Victorian literature I would most reccomend Great Expectations by Charles Dickens and Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë. Reading classics has gained this false stereotype of being a stuffy, slogging experience, but these two books are quite simply fantastic fun, besides also being the most emotionally resonant, compelling and strikingly beautiful things I've read.  Ahem. Anyways, what do you think of my suggestions? What kind of books do you like best? Thanks very much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment